Helping Our Children Succeed Through the Gift of Failure
This workshop will look at strategies that can help to move children towards greater independence by parenting using autonomy and competence. We will be exploring together such topics as:
• Learning from failure: helping children turn mistakes into success
• Encouragement from the sidelines: the real connection between praise and self esteem
• Homework: how to help without taking over
• Grades: the real value of a low score
• Sports: losing as an essential childhood experience.
• Friends: accomplices to failure and formation of identity.